Please Read This Privacy Notice Carefully.
We use good-faith efforts to maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your non-public personal information. However, while we strive to protect your personal information, we do not ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. Sites and read the information contained on the web pages, we may gather certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We may automatically gather the Internet domain (for example, “companyx.com” if you use a private Internet access account), IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. Sites, and the date and time you access BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. Sites, and the pages you visit.
We may collect non-public personal information from you when you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information to us through BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. Sites, such as when ordering services/products and accessing account-specific or other profile information. We may collect information about your transactions that we secure from our files and from our affiliates. We may collect information that we receive from consumer reporting agencies. We may collect information that we receive from others involved in your transactions, such as real estate professionals or lenders. We limit use of such information to the purposes for which the information was provided, except as described below. However, we reserve the right to use such information for marketing/product development research and other similar purposes and/or to contact you regarding additional services or products that you may find useful.
We may also release your information to others when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC., BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC.’s users or others. We may also sell, transfer and disclose your information as part of a business divestiture, sale, merger, or acquisition of all or a part of our business.
If you send an electronic mail (email) message that includes personally identifiable information, for example, in an email message containing an inquiry, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry. Remember that email is not necessarily secure against interception or other disclosure. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your bank account, charge card or social security number, you should not send it in an email.
We may use “cookies” to improve our service to you. Cookies may help us recall a previous visit. The cookies we use do not collect personally identifiable information, and we do not use them to determine your identity.
Cookies are small files stored in your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. When you access BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. Sites, our computer server will access these cookies so that it can recognize your computer, and make using the website easier for you. For example, cookies allow us to remember your username and password to save you having to retype it every time you visit BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. Sites.
For our European customers: on May 26, 2011, a new directive was passed by the European Union (EU) that requires all companies to obtain “free specific and informed consent” from all European visitors to their website in order to capture cookies. The law requires “opt in” functionality, only allowing cookies to be placed on computers where the user has given his or her consent in advance. Once consent is obtained we will not need to request permission again in the future unless you delete your cookies. If you believe that you qualify under the EU Cookies Directive but did not receive the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out at our BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. Sites, please submit an email to email@example.com and include the website you are visiting, so we can identify and resolve the issue.
If you are not comfortable with this use, you may configure your browser to be notified when cookies are to be received and to provide you with the option of refusing cookies. However, please note that if you have “disabled” cookies in your browser this way or you have “opted out” you may not be able to use certain features on the BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. Sites.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
Our employees and agents may view information that you provide us in order to perform their jobs and service you. We do not authorize access to non-public personal information about you to those individuals who do not need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you, or as otherwise provided herein.
We may disclose any information that we collect about you to our affiliates or non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law. We also may disclose information about our customers or former customers and others to the following types of non-affiliated companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- – Financial service providers such as companies engaged in banking, consumer finance, securities and insurance
- – Non-financial companies such as envelope stuffers and other fulfillment service providers
Links To Other Websites
Effective Date: 01/01/2020
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. and its subsidiary companies (collectively, “BTS”) are providing this Privacy Notice for California Residents (“CCPA Notice”). This CCPA Notice supplements the information contained in BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC.’s existing privacy notice and applies solely to all visitors, users and others who reside in the State of California or are considered California Residents (“consumers” or “you”). Terms used but not defined shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the CCPA.
Information BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. Collects
BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device. Most of the information that BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. collects in the course of its regular business is already protected pursuant to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA). Additionally, much of this information comes from government records or other information already in the public domain. Personal information under the CCPA does not include:
- – Publicly available information from government records.
- – Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- – Certain personal information protected by other sector-specific federal or California laws, including but not limited to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), GLBA and California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA).
Specifically, BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. has collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A.||Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B.||Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C.||Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|D.||Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E.||Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||YES|
|F.||Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G.||Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H.||Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||YES|
|I.||Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||YES|
|J.||Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||YES|
BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- – Directly and indirectly from customers, their designees or their agents (For example, realtors, lenders, attorneys, etc.)
- – Directly and indirectly from activity on BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC.’s website or other applications.
- – From third-parties that interact with BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. in connection with the services we provide.
Use of Personal Information
BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- – To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- – To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services.
- – To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC.
- – To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- – To prevent and/or process claims.
- – To assist third party vendors/service providers who complete transactions or perform services on BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC.’s behalf.
- – As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC., our customers or others.
- – To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- – To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- – To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- – To respond to law enforcement or regulator requests as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- – Auditing for compliance with federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
- – Performing services including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services or other similar services.
- – To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Affiliated Companies and Nonaffiliated Third Parties
BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. does not sell your personal information to nonaffiliated third parties. BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. may share your information with those you have designated as your agent in the course of your transaction (for example, a realtor or a lender). BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. Typically, when we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- – Service providers and vendors (For example, search companies, mobile notaries, and companies providing credit/debit card processing, billing, shipping, repair, customer service, auditing, marketing, etc.)
- – Affiliated Companies
- – Litigation parties and attorneys, as required by law.
- – Financial rating organizations, rating bureaus and trade associations.
- – Federal and State Regulators, law enforcement and other government entities
In the preceding twelve (12) months, BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Category D: Commercial Information
Category E: Biometric Information
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity
Category G: Geolocation data
Category H: Sensory data
Category I: Professional or employment-related information
Category J: Non-public education information
Category K: Inferences
Consumer Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. will disclose to you:
- – The categories of personal information BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. collected about you.
- – The categories of sources for the personal information BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. collected about you.
- – BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC.’s business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- – The categories of third parties with whom BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. shares that personal information.
- – The specific pieces of personal information BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- – If BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. disclosed your personal data for a business purpose, a listing identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. delete any of your personal information we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- – Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- – Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- – Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- – Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- – Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- – Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- – Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- – Comply with a legal obligation.
- – Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us either:
- – Calling us Toll Free at (713) 360 6290
- – Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
To designate an authorized agent, please contact BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. through one of the methods mentioned above.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- – Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- – Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
A written response will be delivered by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- – Deny you goods or services.
- – Charge you a different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- – Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- – Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC.’s website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC.’s website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC. collects and uses your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: Toll Free at (713) 360 6290
BETTERS TITLE AND SETTLEMENT, LCC.
3468 Brodhead Road, Ste. 7
Monaca, PA 15061